Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Spud Nuts & One Crazy Nut

Today we said goodbye to our friends & Nana said goodbye to all her comfy hotel pillows (8 of them). We were off to see Spud Nuts in Richland. The drive through the desert was pretty nice and Papa was glad for no Hanford tours today. We arrived at the Uptown Shopping Center in the afternoon. Nana said that we had shopped here years ago with Aunt Bonnie. This is also where the Spud Nuts Donut Shop is located and I was hoping to get a delicious maple bar. We were greeted by an older lady at the counter and she let me know that they were out of the maple bars and I think she was a little suprised that we only wanted one donut. I got the glazed donut and I really didn`t taste the difference from a potato flour donut to a flour donut. After grabbin` this sweet treat, we headed for Pasco where we planned to spend the night. We were early for checkin at our hotel so Nana decided to go down "Memory Lane" again. The first place that we visited was the hospital that her three sisters were born in. At Our Lady of Lourdes, we saw one large bathroom, several Mother Mary statues, and three nuns. After visiting the hospital, we went to a park (Volunteer Park) that Nana use to play at as a little girl and she remembers beautiful peacocks that were there. At this park, we met the other nut (not spud nut). We were walking back to the van when I saw a lady throw down her trash to the ground. I said to Nana and Papa, "Did you see that? That lady just littered." I guess she overheard our conversation and as she walked across the street from the park, she yelled out at us, "I don`t like you!" I began to laugh. She then yelled at us again and said, "I will never like you!!" I couldn`t help but respond so I said back to her, "God bless you." THEN I DIED LAUGHING!!! That lady was a real nut. After a little bit of crazy, we headed over to the state park that Nana use to go swimming at when she lived here. At the park, we saw a coyote and visited the museum. We then visited downtown Pasco aka Little Mexico. Then it was off to the Red Lion Hotel to relax and take a late afternoon nap.
Playing cards with our friends at Pateros Lakeshore Inn.
On the road to Spud Nuts...


My glazed donut!!





The one large bathroom and Mother Mary statues...

The three nuns watching me take a picture of them.



The grocery store that Nana use to shop at.


Roy`s house
Nana`s church that she went to as a little girl.









The first place that Nana & Papa lived at.
The house that Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Allen lived at when Nana and Papa were first married.
The house that Nana lived at as a little girl.









 Our hotel room at the Pasco Red Lion Inn...
 ...beautiful and right next to the pool. Its just a little too cold and windy to swim.





No comments:

Post a Comment