Saturday, September 1, 2012

40 Pancakes (Lemon Blueberry Pancakes)

#1 Lemon Blueberry Pancakes


I got the idea to make 40 different kinds of pancakes from a new blog that I am lovin`!! Its called Enjoy it! by Elise Blaha. She is blogging about everyday things (sewing, project life, arts, crafts, photography, cooking, etc.). Two of the things that I really enjoyed reading about in her blog was 40 Loaves and 40 Pizzas. She writes about the bread that she bakes and the pizzas that her & her husband make together (she also includes the recipes- delicious). I really want to make the BBQ Chicken Pizza (with veggie chicken of course!).


I decided on pancakes because I really want to find a pancake that I love. Pancakes are not my favorite breakfast food but I would like to perfect my pancake cooking skills. Cooking these lemon blueberry pancakes was not so easy. It took me a little time to find the right temperature that the blueberries did not stick to the skillet. I finally did make some good lookin` blueberry pancakes but I don`t know if these will be my favorite. 


Ingredients:
1-1/2 cup Cake Flour
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
3 tablespoons Agave Nectar
1-1/2 cup Evaporated Milk
1 whole Lemon
1 whole Egg
1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Zest from 1 Lemon
2 tablespoons Butter
1 cup Blueberries
Extra Butter
Maple Syrup

Instructions: Heat skillet or grill. In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Set aside. In a separate bowl, mix evaporated milk, lemon juice and lemon zest. Allow to sit for five minutes, then add egg, vanilla and melted butter. Mix well. Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients. Stir gently to combine. Stir in blueberries. Melt butter in heated skillet. Drop batter by 1/4 cup measures and fry pancakes on both sides until golden. Serve with softened butter and warm maple syrup.