Sunday, September 2, 2012

Last Week of Summer Camp- Week 10


On Monday, we went to Greenlake Beach & Park. The kids had fun wading in the water, making sandcastles and burying each other in sand. On my break, I walked to Starbucks and enjoyed a iced mocha & vanilla scone. When I was done relaxing at Starbucks, I took a walk through the beautiful park with tall trees, playground, & basketball courts and also watched Tre play basketball. He said that it was the best break ever! (He is training to be a pro basketball player.) After playing at the beach, the kids wanted to go to the playground where they terrorized the local kids and families.    



Late Monday night, Nana heard alot of commotion going on outside. She turned on porch light because she thought that the teenagers were probably out & goofin` around down at the lake again. We woke up the next morning with street signs & school bus signs that had been pulled out of the ground and had been placed up against trees & mailboxes. Crazy!!  







On Tuesday, we went to the Seattle Aquarium and had fun looking at all the fish & sealife. After work, I went to the hospital and visited Aunt Sharon after her surgery. I also gave her & Shawn a ride home. After shopping for her, I hung out at her place & we watched a movie together.





Our last day of Summer Camp, we went to Kayak Point for a BBQ & fun at the beach. Its kinda of bittersweet to say "goodbye" to all the kids, to the end of summer & all those fun field trips but I am also looking forward to going home for lunches, being with the kids for only 3 hours at a time, less chlorine in my hair, and no more of those long "HOT" bus rides. 



Aunt Karen came over to help Aunt Sharon on Thursday. After work, I visited with them and Aunt Karen`s wild dog. Lets just say that he liked me a little too much!! Shawn and Aunt Karen went mulberry pickin` at Jennings Park while we tried to keep her dog from being crazy and barking at everything.



On Friday, Evan and I went to the store for Nana. I had a little change & a dollar that we found in my room so I told Evan that he could buy something at the store. He told me that he did not want to get a slurpee from 711 but that "he needed a new gun". Too funny!! He also said, "he wanted to go to the boy`s" (Boy`s Toy Department of the store). He picked out a Halo Lego/Mega Block Mystery Bag. I wanted him to get the green guy & he wanted the white one (he liked the gun with that character). He got the green one that`s called The Green Spartan. Yea!! We also bought new Skittles (Skittle Riddles) with mystery flavors. Too Fun!!