Thursday, January 19, 2012

6 Things to do on the Sixth Snow Day

 1. Attempt to shovel the driveway.
I went out this morning with great expectations. First I had to get the shovel out of the shed and that should of been the first clue to just turn around and go back inside to the nice, warm house. The shed lock was frozen and  took me a long time to get it unlocked. I thought I was going to have to go back to the house and get a lighter to warm it up but fortunately I kept turning it back and forth and it came unlocked. After getting the shovel, I headed for the driveway. I started shoveling behind the van carport but kept hitting ice (big chunks of ice). This made my work very slow going and I only got about 4 feet shoveled. Then I moved to the front driveway near the gate. The snow kept pounding down on me and my glasses got so fogged up that I couldn't see a thing. Its official...we need our own personal snowplow.

2. Keep the snow off the tree limbs.
Papa has worked hard everyday to get all the snow off the carports. He also has tried to keep the snow off the tree limbs so that they are not weighing down on the electric & phone lines. The snow is falling and falling. Papa wonders if it will ever go away.

3. Play with dog.
The last couple days we had Jenna in the house because the temperatures have dropped really low. This morning it was only 18 degrees outside on the porch. Cold!! She has enjoyed taking naps on her warm doggy mattress in the kitchen. We`ve had alot of fun playing with her. Her favorite games are tug-a-war with the chew rope and keep away with her yellow bone toy.

4. Knit a new scarf.
Nana has no desire to go outside and play in the snow. Instead she has been inside and has tried to keep busy. When she is not moving furniture, baking or cleaning, she has been working on her new knitting project. A new scarf...I wonder who it is for?


5. Eating pumpkin pie.
The last few days Nana has been making some delicious things. Yesterday she baked this wonderful pumpkin pie which I have already had two slices of. YUM YUM!! Jenna wants to eat it too. She loves pumpkin (I gave her pumpkin when she was a puppy to help her immune system).


6. Create new scrapbook pages.
With having all this time off, it has given me the opportunity to organize all of my scrapbook stuff. It feels really awarding to get so much accomplished. My last few albums have been seasonal ones and I would really like to stick with that kind of theme. So I have been working at categorizing alot of my stuff in Summer, Spring, Fall, or Winter files. So excited!! Today I am going to try to scrapbook another winter page. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you all are keeping busy! Loving the snow!!! :)

    ReplyDelete